Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Exercise

I found my Fitbit yesterday! It was in the hamper the whole time...I had looked through it a couple times, but I was just checking pants pockets (that's normally where I keep it). This time it was attached to a shirt. haha I'm so excited to count my steps again! I kinda felt lost without it. I will get 10,000 today...even if I have to march in place a lot! I haven't really been exercising like I should though. I am getting some real movement a couple times a week (which is good for me, usually I don't really exercise at all), but I want to increase my exercise time. I want to make sure that I get at least 8-10,000 steps a day and then do a video or something. I have NO EXCUSE not to exercise (except that I am pretty lazy sometimes) and that is not an excuse! I have plenty of free time and I can even take a walk with the kids. If I am really serious about losing weight then I need to get on board and move more often!! I just have to. I really, really would like to start jogging. I see other people jogging and I think that is something I would like to do, but then I get on the treadmill and I am really bored with it. I know that is totally an excuse, but I am.

I am reading that book Women, Food and God right now and it is helping me to get more in tune with my body and what it is telling me. I think I am going to jog today and listen to my body this time and see if it feels good to jog. I am going to get on the treadmill when the kids have nap time. That will be a good time. Let's see how many steps I can get then. :)

What kind of exercise do you do? Do you get some real movement in everyday or just a few times a week? I am trying to find a way to be more consistent. I think I might do the "100 miles of cardio" challenge I made up for myself a couple years ago (that I never finished). I will have to tweak it though to work with now. I am always starting things that I never finish, but that has to be something that I change!!! My brain keeps reminding me that I am a failure and I can't let that happen. I am NOT a failure...I am just not totally commited all the time...actually up until recently I haven't been really commited to anything! That needs to change...

I AM GOING TO COMMIT TO DOING 100 MILES OF CARDIO THIS SUMMER!!!! I am commiting to this!!!! I am going to do this because I want to! I NEED TO PROVE TO MYSELF THAT I CAN FINISH SOMETHING FOR ONCE!!!

No comments: