Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Homemade soap dispensers

This is the first project I did for the year on my quest to declutter and clean my house. I made soap dispensers out of old lotion containers! I could never make myself throw them away and I am so glad that I didn't. I was able to reuse something in my home that I needed instead of going out and buying new ones. That is one of my goals this year...to not automatically think I have to spend money on new things all the time. I can reuse and repurpose items I already have at home.
I had to make sure that they were cleaned really well.
I diluted this mint oil cleaner that I found at my local store. This is what I have been using to clean the house because I absolutely LOVE the smell!!!
Sorry I forgot to take pictures of my total process...I was totally lost in the moment, but here they are finished! They are so cute! All I did was cut scrapbook paper that I had at home to fit where I wanted it on the bottle and used mod podge to glue it on. I also put a layer of mod podge on top to seal the paper because obviously these will get wet by the sink. I love how they came out. It gave my bathrooms a splash of color and you know that I love color!! :)

Have you made anything lately to improve the beauty of your house? I would love to hear about it!! :)

1 comment:

Zippi Kit said...

You amazing and clever lady! Those are totally wonderful. The last time I used modpodge was on a wooden map made for DH's room. Isn't that stuff cool?