Sunday, December 29, 2013

A fresh start....

Who is ready for the NEW YEAR?!? It is almost 2014!! I love when a new year starts. To me, it's a new beginning, a fresh start, a do over...however you want to look at it. This year I am taking my fresh start and focusing on my home. I am so bad about cleaning, organizing and getting things done around the house. The general cleaning is mainly done by my hubby. I am very spoiled and he knows that I hate to clean so he just does it for me. He loves having a clean, picked up house so he focuses on that more than I do. I love a clean house too, but I am just too lazy to do it. Piles of clutter don't really bother me so I just clean things as I see they need to be done. This year it's going to be different! I am trying my hardest not to be so lazy and I started today.
This morning I cleaned most of my bathroom. I bought some mint oil cleaner that I absolutely LOVE the smell of and I cleaned my toilet really good, the shower got a deep scrubbing, and I cleaned the sinks and counter tops. I wanted to do the tub and floors too, but I was exhausted!!! My back is still hurting me. I will just do the rest another day.
I just finished making a list of everything that I want to get done in the house. It is like 5 pages long, but I listed all the rooms and everything separately. It's the only way for me to not get overwhelmed about it all. I will just take it one thing at a time.
I am trying to make my home into a haven. A place I totally love. A place that I enjoy looking at. I want to decorate it like I want and not just what came with it. I would eventually like brighter colors, to change the curtains, colorful furniture (or at least bright throw pillows)...things like that. This morning I reused some lotion bottles and turned them into soap dispensers. I will have a post about that soon. My main objective is to declutter, organize, and make things around my home easy to find and clean! I don't think that is too much to ask. I will just have to put in the work and I am willing to do that!

Anyone with me on this? Are you going to make 2014 your year to finally declutter, organize and decorate your space so you will love your home? I would appreciate any tips or advice on your favorite ways to organize. Please share! :)

No comments: