Monday, September 17, 2012

What am I grateful for? (SOC #6)

Today is a beautiful, rainy Monday! I know that because I can hear it on my roof. I love the sound of rain. It helps me to sleep at night and relax during the day (at least today it does b/c I don't have anywhere to go). I need to learn to enjoy the little things. I go through life always wishing I had more...more time, more money, more knowledge, more reading, more art journaling, more happiness...but I never do anything about it. I am always just wishing for more as if it's just going to fall in my lap. I just go through the motions of the day/my life and don't see all the little, important things that go on. Well, I am really going to try and change that. That is why I am writing this post today. I need to remember the things I am grateful for b/c I know they will help me to slow down and not rush my life so much. I am grateful for having the time to write this post. J2 is playing with his toys. I am grateful for good food to eat (and having the time to cook for my family). I am grateful for the hugs and kisses my little man gives me all the time. I am grateful for being pregnant again with my little girl and not having any complications (thank you God). I am grateful for my wonderful family that will always be there for me. I am grateful for a husband who is willing to work with me on fixing these things in our lives and not just giving up. Those are the things I will be reflecting upon today and the next few weeks. We will see if they will help me to lead a happier and more fulfilled life. Now it is time for me to get off this computer and go spend some time with my son. He will only be this little once and I need to play with him and enjoy this time with him b/c I know it will go by very quickly.

What are you grateful for today? Leave me a comment...I would love to hear about it! :)

No comments: