Tuesday, September 25, 2012

20 Chore Tuesday #6

I almost didn't do a 20 Chore Tuesday post this week. Last week I was so overwhelmed with my list that I didn't even want to look at it. I have been trying to do too many things at one time and I couldn't handle it all. It was making me feel bad b/c I didn't finish the things on my list. I need to remember that even if I just get a few of the things done that I have accomplished something. I am too hard on myself as a person, as a mother, and as a wife. I need to learn to relax and only get done what I can do. I don't have to push myself to the limit to have a happy home. I need to remember that all the things will get done eventually.

I did decide to make a list and participate though. I just scaled it back quite a bit, but everything on there are still things that need to get done throughout the day.

1. clean out the fridge
2. put pictures in photo albums
3. go through 1 box from J2's closet
4. take vitamins
5. wash load of white clothes
6. focus on J2 more during the day
7. wash colored clothes
8. wash sheets
9. fix my computer (this one is for my hubby)
10. fold clothes
11. rest and relax
12. put away clothes
13. clean our toilet
14. clean potty chairs
15. buy milk and bread
16. trade selvages for tie wraps on J2's new bed
17. delete pictures off my camera
18. show hubby how to organize J2's clothes
19. do dishes
20. bake something this week

I know that some of the things on this list is "cheating" but they REALLY are things that I have to do. I don't usually remember that I need to make time for myself to just rest and relax, or focus on J2 more often so writing it down this week has helped. The chores will eventually get done. I don't have to overwhelm myself with doing everything all at once.

Please link up with Joyful Abode and share your list with us. I love seeing what everyone else is up to during the day. It helps me feel not so alone sometimes in this "mommy" life. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! There is no cheating at 20 Chore Tuesdays! My first chore on my list was to make my list and blog it LOL! Any chore that you do today will be one less thing you need to do tomorrow :) You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No such thing as cheating! You have to put fun things on your list too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)