Monday, July 23, 2012

Stream of consciousness writing

Today I am going to start a new thing I want to do. I don't think I have been putting enough of myself into my blog lately and maybe that's why I don't have a lot of readers/comments. I don't know?


I am going to call it my "stream of consciousness" writing. I will set a timer for a specific amount to time (I haven't determined what that will be yet)...probably like 3-5 minutes and I will just let the words flow out of me. I am not going to worry about grammar (sorry out there if that will bother you) or whether my writing makes sense (although I will fix my spelling b/c that would bother me), I am just going to write. I am going to say whatever comes to my mind at the time. I am just going to type it out and not worry about what other people think about me. This is me and I can't change that. I am who I am and I should be okay with that. I used to be more open with myself on my blog, but along the way something has blocked me and I don't really know what that is? I got busy with J for one thing. I didn't really have time to do anything except post some pictures (usually my art work) and that was okay for a while, but it's not okay with me anymore. I made this blog so that I could open up and not be afraid to share about myself. Sometime in the passed couple of years, I have gotten afraid again and I honestly don't know why. So I am going to use this stream of consciousness writing to try and open myself up again and not be afraid to share the thoughts in my head.


Please let me know in the comments section if you think you will enjoy my stream of conscious writing. I really do love to hear from my readers!! Thank you so much! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Apple!

    I think that this is a great idea. I know that sometimes we can get caught up just posting pics or if you are like me, just writing. However, what I have come to understand is neither can stand alone for me. I am an artist that includes my writing in my work most of the time, so why should my journals (online and off) be any different!

    Take the plung...I will be happy to read!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)