Monday, June 18, 2012

The new wreath for my door...

Isn't it super festive and colorful? I love it! My mom made that pom pom chain a long time ago. I used to use it as curtains in my kitchen, but since we got the new house I didn't really know what to do with it. I decided that it would work well as a wreath.



I got some foam piping stuff from my dad's workshop and started wrapping the pom pom garland around it. I hot glued it into place here and there so it would stay on.


  


Here is the finished product. I love it. It was perfect as an Easter decoration. I didn't realize how heavy it would be and so it sagged at the bottom to form an egg shape instead of a circle. I am going to fix that situation though, by taking a piece of cardboard and cutting a circle out of it. Then I will hot glue the wreath to it so it will stay a perfect circle. I plan to do that pretty soon when I get some extra time. I hope it works and doesn't fall off of the cardboard. We shall see!


Do you have any sort of decoration on your door? I would love to see it! :)

No comments: