Sunday, January 22, 2012

turkey sausage patties

I have been liking to cook more and more lately. I don't know exactly why. I guess b/c I like knowing that I am feeding my family healthy things. I like knowing exactly what goes into our food b/c I control the ingredients.

My latest creation is turkey breakfast sausage. It is easy to make and super easy to heat in the morning to give J some extra protein.

My basic ingredients were ground turkey, chopped carrots, chopped celery and spices (especially Sage b/c that's what makes it taste like sausage). You can pretty much add any veggie you want to the meat. I like "hiding" veggies in our food. It is a real easy way for us to get all our servings of veggies for the day.




Form the meat into patties (any size you would like). I made smaller ones b/c it was easier for J to eat by himself.



Just grill them up until they are fully cooked.
 


When they are cooked, just let them cool. Then I put them in a ziploc bag to freeze. Just make sure there is waxed paper in between the patties or they will stick together as they freeze. I hope you try to make these b/c they are delicious!! Let me know if you do!  :)

3 comments:

Adam said...

I don't eat meat myself, but I ironically have worked a bit in a meat department. Turkey bacon/sausage sells decently and is much healthier

Betsy Grant said...

Though I very well may be one of the pickiest eaters I know, I've always admired those who cook and create with love. Your blog shows this very well. Visit me sometime. I make new music videos almost weekly which you might enjoy.

Debra Duke said...

I wish I could see these in front of me. I'm a fan of texture as well. Just started my blog and this is my first visit to yours.