Sunday, November 13, 2011

Love of reading... (Just write #6)

Oh how time passes. My mom used to read a Thanksgiving book to me and my brothers when we were little. Every year she would read it, starting in November and would read about a chapter a day. I love reading and would always want her to read more, but my brothers would get bored with it pretty easy. I loved listening to my mom read and the time that we spent together and the tradition of it all. Even when I moved out on my own and got married, I still borrow the book from her and read it to myself. Now that I have my own child, I have been reading it to him. He's too young to sit and listen to it just yet. He mostly plays with his toys while I read out loud to him, but I know that he is hearing me read. I hope that one day he will want to sit and listen to it. I hope that I can instill a love of reading in him just like my parents did with me.


3 comments:

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)