Saturday, March 5, 2011

Doing my best...

I just finished exercising! I am very proud of myself for doing this. I have been really trying to stick with it. I usually don't do long exercise sessions at a time, but I am ok with that. I don't have the time to workout for a long time so I do a lot of little short sessions...usually 15 minutes at a time. That's about all I can tolerate. I have been riding my spin bike more often because I can burn more calories in less time. When I walk I have to walk longer to burn the same amount of calories. I have only lost about 1 pound so far, but I will keep at it. I definitely need LOTS more work with my food consumption, but I am working at it. I try to make the best decisions that I can at that moment. Usually I let my emotions decide what I want to eat, but I can't let that happen. I need to use better judgment when deciding my food choices. I can't lose weight by eating fatty, greasy, sugary things and I know that...my emotions just don't. Yesterday I bought some new exercise shoes and capris and I love them so that should motivate me to workout for awhile. I definitely need outward motivations to keep working out and eating the right foods. I need other people to tell me how good I am doing and things like that. I am not very good at believing myself when I do something good for me. That is something else I am trying to work on. I NEED TO LEARN TO SELF MOTIVATE!!!! That is a goal of mine. I guess I am doing that (somewhat) by working out more than normal. I am the one making the decision to do these little workouts here and there. I try to make my little workouts add up to an hour most days a week. I know that I need to workout more to lose the weight that I want. The more exercise I do, the better I will feel about myself and I definitely need to feel better about myself!! :)

4 comments:

Chad Wooters said...

Berating yourself for not having enough disciple never works. YOu have to love what you want to do/be more than than you want to indulge harmful desires and unproductive behaviors.

Retro Girl said...

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Believe in you....You can do anything you put your mind to doing!

I have a friend from back home in KY who has lost over 100 lbs by just taking walks and cutting his portion sizes. He started making very small changes just as you mentioned that you are...He did it over 20 weeks...and is freaking amazing! He started out taking very short walks and every week he went a little further, and a little further. Very inspiring. His blog is http://troubledramblings.blogspot.com In case you want to check it out...for a little inspiration or support. Tell him Red sent ya! :-) He's a fellow artist, photog, writer, christian and friend.

fairy fantasy art said...

This post is very goood and motivating...thanks

Life with Kaishon said...

Way to go Apple! I love that you have found something that works for you : ) I need to be more like you. ASAP!