Friday, January 21, 2011

Working out...

WARNING: Babbling ahead....

I have just finished working out with my new Zumba DVDs. I am loving them. They are so fun and actually make me WANT to exercise. That hasn't happened to me in a long time. I usually start working out and then I totally give up (as I am sure most of you do), but I can see how I will keep doing these workouts. Zumba is more "dancing" then exercising. I don't even realize how much time is passing while I am doing them. You should give Zumba a try. I think it would be a fun thing to do with your kids too. They could "dance" with you. :) Here is the website if you want to check it out...( https://www.zumbafitness.com/flare/next ). Just for the record, I am not working with Zumba or anything to help them sell more DVD's. They are not paying me or anything of that sort. I just saw the infomercial on tv and I thought it was something I could do that would be fun, so I ordered it and tried it. I really do love Zumba!!! I have Zumba for the Wii too! :)

I am really trying to get into shape this year. One of my resolutions was to just exercise more this year then I did last year. I didn't want to put any pressure on myself like saying that I have to work out 5 days a week because I knew that wouldn't work. I would not have stuck to something like that. I just tell myself when I wake up...is there some kind of workout you could do today? I try to at least move a little bit, even if it is just 10 minutes, it is better than doing nothing.
I am mainly trying to get into shape THIS YEAR as opposed to any other year is because of J. I didn't realize how out of shape I really am until I had him. It is so hard for me to get on and off the floor to play with him. I can't even carry him a long time because my arms are so out of shape (thank god for my wraps). I tell myself that I need to get into shape to take better care of him. I would also like to have another child one day and I just don't think that I can be pregnant at my size and take care of J at the same time. I don't think my muscles could take it. I certainly couldn't get on the floor with him then.
I just know that my life would be a whole lot easier if I would lose some weight. Breastfeeding has given me a head start with my weight loss as well. I have lost about 20lbs just because I breastfed my baby. I could never have expected that. I wouldn't have believed it if I wouldn't have seen it myself. That is 20 less pounds that I will have to work to get off.
I would ultimately like to be under 200 for sure. That means I have about 40 pounds to lose. That is totally do-able!! Now if I could just get my eating under control as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)