Monday, November 8, 2010

Baby love...

Sha my baby boy...he is growing so much. I can't believe that I am actually getting used to being his mommmy. I never thought that would happen. I thought that it would be hard forever. Now don't get me wrong, everyday is challenging in some way, but the little things are getting easier (like eating and going to the bathroom). I am trying to trust myself and know that I do know how to take care of my own child. I am not have as much anxiety over when he cries. The breastfeeding is still pretty hard though. I didn't think it would be this hard, but it has turned out to be the hardest thing (so far) about having him. He doesn't suck as well as he should and I struggle with low milk supply. I am learning to relax about that as well though. He seems to be satisfied after I feed him and he is definitely gaining weight so I am not super worried about it. The best thing about breastfeeding though is that it is helping me to lose weight. I love that part. I weigh less now then when I did before I got pregnant with him. It is great!!! We have been doing the Ferber method with him and he is really responding to it. I can now put him in his car seat and he will go to sleep by himself. That totally frees up some mommy time. I don't have to worry anymore about him waking up when I put him down (from rocking him). He doesn't like to be rocked anyway so it seemed like a good time to teach him to sleep on his own. Just now he fell asleep on the floor by himself while playing with his toy. He looks so cute just lying there on his little quilt. I am definitely bonding with him better lately. He will be 4 months soon and I am loving the way that I can interact with him more now. He grabs at things and has started giggling when I play with him. He has been so fun and in a much better mood lately. Last month he learned how to roll from his back to his tummy. I am hoping he learns how to roll the other way soon too. I can't get over how he learns things so quickly. He amazes me everyday.

Sorry for just rambling on and on...I just write down the thoughts as they come to me... LOL!!
I hope everyone has a great day...do something creative!! :)

7 comments:

  1. He is darling. Give yourself time. The first several months are the toughest. It does get easier, like you are already experiencing, and it goes so very fast. Have you ever trued "mother's milk" tea? It's wonderful. Keep trusting your intuition!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic with the YODA (one of my favorite characters) hat. And you have a gorgeous kid here. I can see in his eyes that he is enjoying exploring his new life.

    I'm sure you have been told to savor this time as it goes all too quickly....but "savor this time as it goes all too quickly," can't be said often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute and I love the Yoda hat!!! He is growing so fast! He is defiantly a keeper. I am a first time grandma who is enjoying it so much. My granddaughter is 1 years old last month so Christmas is to a blast this year!!! Enjoy every minute you have with him cause they really do grow up too fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Yoda hat made me go SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

    It really does get easier, better, and more fun each and every month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easier and easier...so happy for you, April! Sounds like you guys are doing awesome! And what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the great comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so darn cute!!
    Good to hear he's doing well. Sorry for the BF struggles...you're not alone..many new moms/babes go thru this. Sounds like you're handling it well though, and he's a healthy happy baby. Bonding is a lifelong process...and just as much for mom as it is baby. I think Isaac and I have come a lonnnng way in the last year and a half...and still have growing and bonding to do. It's a beautiful journey :-)

    Still so happy for you. You'll be an amazing mama!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)