Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First "sick" appointment...

My wiggle worm had his first "sick" doctor's appointment today. His ear started draining yellow stuff yesterday. I didn't know if it was his rash that was oozing or if it was from the ear, but his rash wasn't oozing anywhere else so I assumed it was from his ear. The doctor said that his ear drum wasn't red or anything, but because it was draining so much she put him on an antibiotic just in case it turned into an infection. She said it was good that it was draining because it would be hurting him and stuff if it wasn't. His rash just turned out to be seborrhea. I was so glad that it wasn't eczema. A lot of people in my family have that (including me) and I didn't want him to be miserable and itchy all the time. The seborrhea should go away by the time he is 6 months or so and it's easy to take care of. Just have to put creams and stuff on it when it is flared up. Other then that he has been great. He is fussy sometimes, but only when something is wrong with him. If I can figure out what the problem is then he stops fussing. I am so blessed to have a good baby. The breastfeeding has been going okay too. He has been doing pretty well and not fussing as much to eat. I guess we both learned what works for us (at least for now). I have to go now, but I will try to keep y'all posted about new things going on. Have a good night!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)