Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hey everyone. I am at my mom's house right now just checking my blogs and things. I had to work until about 3:30 today and I am pretty tired. I had to get to work by 6:30 so I had to get up early. I will just be here for a little while because I want to go home and do some art stuff. I came over here to borrow one of my mom's sewing machines. I think I want to incorporate more stiching and things into my journals (if possible). I will be stiching my fabric journal together instead of using those book rings and I will be stiching paper to the back of some of the fabric pages to make it a little sturdier.

I made my own ink last night. I took a recipe I found off the internet and tried it out and I love it. I am going to save so much money by doing it myself rather than buying it already made. I got really messy, but it was worth it. I made a video from start to finish and I will be putting that up another day (after I get it edited).

I have a question. My birthday is in 7 days and I want to buy a video camera. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one is a good one? I would really not like to spend alot on it...maybe $200-$250 price range. I would use it to make my YouTube videos and such. I am using my digital camera right now and I like it, but every 10 minutes it turns itself off (even if I am in the middle of videoing something). I knew with an actual video camera that I could video for longer periods of time, but I just don't know where to begin as to what brand to get and things like that. Any suggestions would be helpful!! Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when you find ways to cut costs? Seems like I am following a couple of people, including you, who do journals and it looks like so much fun. I may have to check it out myself. Sorry I can't help you with the camera questions... good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I don't know much about video cameras, so I'm no help there...
    But I did start a new blog. I wanted to move out of typepad and into blogger, so here's the link!
    http://littlebluesparrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!I just found your youtube videos and I'm [hearting ya} you are so dang creative girl. I'm a scrapper ,but I'm doing more art journal this year. Lub being messy.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss art so bad, already!! (although I'd not been doing/showing as much closer to the time of our adoption)...there's no time for it at all right now...Maybe someday again soon.

    I've heard the Flip video camera is really cool...it's about $179. I almost bought one when we got our Sony..(kinda wish I did since it's inexpensive and supposedly really simple to use). I've heard alot of people have bought it and really liked it. I have also owned a Panasonic in the past and it was very nice -- no problems with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)