Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just hanging out...

My allergies are acting up this weekend. My head feels really stuffed up and my nose hurts from blowing it so much. It isn't as bad as usual though. Only one side of my nose is blocked up so at least I can still breath. I just had to take some Advil Cold and Sinus today. That medicine really works. I don't feel as stuffy since I took it. I hope it doesn't wear off any time soon.

I'm sorry guys. I am just rambling today. I don't have anything specific to talk about. I am at my MIL house right now. I am bored. I brought my art journal with me, but I have been working in it all weekend and I need to take a break from it. I think we might watch a movie over here later. That is what we normally do. Tonight we are cooking rib eyes over here, too. I don't like that though. I think I might have a salad. I really have been watching what I eat lately and exercising. I am very surprised that I am actually sticking to something like that. I have lost 6 pounds so far. It is coming off really slowly, but that is a good thing. This week I am going to kick up the exercise a little bit. I am still only walking on the treadmill about twice a week so I think I will start walking 3 times a week (hopefully more). I am having to totally force myself to get on it. That's why I am not walking more yet. I am trying to be more active everyday too, not just during "exercise". Essentially, I need to lose 100 pounds. I am not thinking about that big number though. I am actually just taking it 1 pound at a time. That is all I can handle right now. I am trying not to get discouraged so any advice or comments you have would be greatly appreciated. I will need each and every one of you to help me through this weight loss. I need all the support that I can get. :)

3 comments:

Miss/Monster said...

congrats on the 6 pounds! I keep trying to lose weight, i've got at least 100 to lose, but it just isnt happening at the moment.

<3

Nicole said...

Congrats on the 6 pounds! Hugs! I can't wait to see more art journal pages!

Michele said...

I think one of the biggest first steps is saying it out loud... sharing it with others... which you're doing. Last year I talked to my husband about me quitting smoking. He smokes and isn't interested in quitting so this year I've been talking to others, including my Dr. He gave me the contact info for an acupuncturist... now I just need to make the appt. Hang in there... be kind to yourself and take it one day at a time. Congrats on the 6 pounds!