Sunday, February 15, 2009

My valentine's day was alright. It wasn't anything too spectacular. My hubby got up early and made us breakfast in bed. That was very sweet of him. Then we went back to sleep and didn't wake up until noon. That is unusual for me, but I was just so tired. After we got up and dressed, we went to get me a haircut. I totally needed one. I couldn't do anything with it. I just cut it short and spiky again. It's the easiest way for me to fix it. :) By this time it was almost 2:30 and we were starving so we ate lunch at Olive Garden. I love that place. Their salads are to die for. When we left there, we had some time to kill. We ended up at Tropical Fish Bowl. I like to just walk around and look at all the different fish they have and stuff. We ended up leaving with 2 more Betta Fish and another tank to hold them. I love Bettas. They are so easy to take care of and they are really pretty. By the time we were done we were almost late getting to church at 4:00. Well, we got there on time, but there still wasn't any place for us to sit so we sat outside with my BIL and visited until church was over. You see, my FIL and my step-MIL were getting their vows renewed in the church so we had to go. I really didn't want to because I felt like it totally invaded our Valentine's Day, but there are some things in life that you have to do even if you don't feel like it. Anyway, the "blessing" of their wedding was after the 4:00 mass. The blessing didn't take long at all just a few minutes. We went to a restaurant afterward to celebrate with them. I thought that we would eat and be out of the restaurant in no time so we could go do something on our own, but our party was so big that everything took FOREVER!! We got to the place around 6 and we ended up not leaving until 9:30. By that time, we just came home and went straight to sleep (we were really tired after just sitting at the restaurant all that time). I was able to set up the fish in there tanks before we went to bed. Wasn't my day exciting? I figured that we would just go to a movie or something else and kinda celebrate today instead since there isn't anything for us to do. I finished setting up the fish this morning in their good, fresh water. I watched them for a long time and took pictures of them. Bettas are just so pretty. Sorry I am just rambling. I figured I haven't actually talked to y'all in a while. I have just been putting up pictures. I haven't had time to do much else between work and playing in my Art journal. I am almost finished with my moleskin by the way. I will post more pictures of that soon. If you have made it listening to me this far, then you are a very loyal reader. I thank you. I am done babbling now and I am going to show you my new pets. Have a great day!!!!


The pink one is the one I had before. I got the purple one and the red one yesterday. So far, the red one is very feisty. The purple one looks kinda sad and scared of the red one. I will have to name them soon. What do you suggest?

4 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Flame Thrower and Purple Haze. :)

They are gorgeous!

Your day was very eventful :) I miss Olive Garden! :)

Retro Girl said...

Your photos of the fish are beautiful! They look so peaceful.

Hmm
What about Orchid and Scarlett? lol...or what about names of a couple from a movie you loved?

Sharon said...

Hi, sometimes it seems that everyone else involved with a "day" think that you have no life of your own. What you described has happened sooo many times to me. When I just want to stay home and rest, someone makes that impossible. If I did not work 65 hours a week I would not care, but I need "Me Time".
I have no name suggestions for your new friends. But I did love "Purple Haze" from Genie Sea. I am an old hippie. Bye, Sharon

Nicole said...

Great pictures! hmmm...I'm really bad at names...how about....Darcy and Super-fly? I like Genie Sea's Purple Haze and Flame Thrower.