Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Collections...

This is my porcelain doll collection. I finally get to take it out and enjoy it. They have been packed away for so long because I never had room to put them up. Now I have plenty of room. My hubby made a shelf for me to go in my art room so that I can look at them all the time. I have collected these dolls since I was little. I think I have some more that are still packed away too. I don't know where they will fit on the shelf, but I will just have to make room. I collect lots of stuff (more so when I was younger) like stamps, rocks, VW beetle car models, art supplies (of course). I have since gotten rid of some of that stuff. I can't keep everything. Although, I do like to try!! ha ha :)



What do you collect?!?

4 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Gorgeous dollies! Awesome you are able to let them come out and play! My grandmother used to make her own porcelain dolls. My father tossed them all when we were moving. Can you believe that? Ugh. Seeing yours makes me happy. :)

Retro Girl said...

I collect 1950's stuff--home decor items, radios, furnishings. Also vintage postcards...some have been mailed and have messages on them.

I also collect (and hoard? lol) art supplies, scrapping supplies, paper, etc. lol.

Years ago, I collected duck decoys and duck statues/figures...used to paint them too. (mallards, wood-ducks, mergansers, and other 'breeds'). I eventually got bored with them and sold them all.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I want everything wiener related!! I fell in love with it all!! Thank you soooo much for directing me to that site!!

Hallie

Heidi said...

These are beautiful! And I love the shelf--it goes perfectly with them.

Hmm, I have a small t-shirt collection and movie collection, I guess. :)