Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Babbling about stuff...

I have been doing lots of art lately. I am sitting at my desk and actually finishing like 2 or 3 pages a day. I am loving it. I want to do all the art I can this year. That is one of my goals: to fill as many journals as I feel like filling.

When I first started this blog I was just doing art in my journals (I had just started) and I kept saying to myself that I wanted to paint on canvas and sell my art. I thought about that for a long time. I never could get up the courage to paint on something other than in a book or actually KNOW what to paint anyway. So I have been thinking that maybe I don't have to paint on canvas and sell my art. Who says that I have to actually make money selling my artwork. Maybe that just isn't for me. I like my job at the daycare and I like the fact that I am making art just for me and no one else. I won't ever have to worry if someone will like my art enough to buy it or not. I'm sorry to just spill all this, but it has been in the back of my mind (just thinking about it) for a while now and I just thought that I would share those thoughts with y'all. When I finally came to the realization that I don't actually HAVE to be the kind of person that sells my art then I felt much better about it.

Anyway. We got a treadmill last weekend. My MIL gave us hers. She was turning her "exercise room" into a spare bedroom and didn't know where to put her treadmill. I told her a few months ago that I would take it so now it's here. I am really excited about it. I have been walking on it a little bit everyday. I started out with just like 20 minutes because my body is not used to exercising anymore at all. Hopefully I will start to improve soon. I am not able to walk very fast yet even, but I know that I will get there eventually. As long as I keep at it then the healthy heart/weight loss will come. Now if I could only get my eating under control. :) That's the hardest part to me. I can use all the support and advice you have so please share if you can. :D

***HUGS to ALL***

3 comments:

  1. creating art is great for your mind, so you've got a whole workout here! Mind, body, heart... good for you!

    and as for realizing that you don't HAVE to sell your artwork... hurray! it can just be a really fun hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-
    I went thru some similar thoughts/feelings about art myself, over this past year...

    It's all about you..what you enjoy, what you envision, no boundaries, no limits, no rules...No Pressure! :-) just enjoy art and do how/when/where you feel.

    I've found some great workout music on Itunes...they have alot of collections..it makes it more fun when you have upbeat music! One of my faves though is Benny Benassi (also listed as Benassi Bro's)--it's sorta electronic/rave dance music...it really helps me work my buns off on the treadmill. It's addictive! lol. (I fell off the wagon after the holidays...need to get back on track!)

    The best advise I can give you is this...Take one day at a time...No guilt trips. Just try to make healthier choices about food...eat smaller portions of things you like...and move more...and just have fun! :-) The results will follow. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started making art about a year ago and I have a daughter your age. You have a lot of time to see where your art takes you. Don't be in any hurry to define your art, let it come to you as you play, enjoy the journey and be open to wherever it takes you.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)