Thursday, November 13, 2008

Knitting is new to me...


I know how to crochet, but I haven't done anything since last winter. I thought it would be fun to learn something different. So my mom taught me to knit. This is my first "project" (and I use this term very loosely). Actually it was just my practice piece. I ended up binding it off and I plan on using it as a pot holder. I think I did pretty good for my first knitting adventure. Now I am doing a long, skinny scarf. I am just doing easy things for a while so that I can get better at it.

4 comments:

sunnie fairy said...

oh, looks pretty good for your first project! :] I can't wait to see the scarf.

linda said...

hi apple, I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog today! It is always appreciated to read a sweet few words...I enjoyed reading your blog....good luck with the knitting as it's not my cup of tea but I adore yarn...yum! I think it's the colors :)

soulbrush said...

hi and thanks for your visit. i like your bloggy header, i like knitting and i like the jauntiness of your blog, so i will be back. happy friday.

Cheryl A Finley: said...

Hi...
I knit & crochet too..seasonally, when the weather is nippy. I keep it simple..little scarves w/novelty yarn (at the dollar store). Have fun! and I love that shade of purple :)

You stopped by my blog, commented on my mandala...and asked what it was. You can read about it on the home page of my Mandala Oasis Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MandalaOasis/ - You're welcome to join us if you're interested in making, or learning to make them; which I wrote about here:

http://artineveryday.blogspot.com/2007/09/making-your-own-mandala-medicine.html - it's fun, relaxing, revealing and healing - no art experience required. You can think of it as Sacred Doodling.
Happy creating!