Sunday, November 9, 2008

Background makers...

I tried something a few weeks back that I wanted to share with ya'll. I was tired of the same old backgrounds I was making so I decided to have a little fun.

I filled up these cute little bottles with water first and then I poured in some acrylic paint.Then I closed up the little bottles and shook them up until the paint was all mixed together. It was really liquidy.


When it was done I just played with it. I dripped it onto the paper for dots, or I blew it around with my blowdryer. I even squished it between the two pages to make an "ink blot". I loved doing that.



These are all of the colors that I made. I did the primaries so that I could mix them and get all the other colors, too.

3 comments:

sunnie fairy said...

Oh, that's so cool! I might have to try that. :]

Retro Girl said...

Looks fun! :-)
I'd love to do that on a huge canvas...and soak a foam ball with it and hit the canvas..lol..just go to town, playing and slopping paint! (Too bad you live so far away, we could have a paint party! lol)

Jul said...

Fun! I might try to play around with ink blots this week, too. Great idea!