Thursday, September 11, 2008

Art class over...

Mom and I finished our beginner art class tonight. It was a pretty good class. I learned a little (even though I am not a total beginner). We are glad it's over though because we were tired of getting out on a Thursday night (we are very much "homebodies").
I have never showed you anything that I did in that class, so I took all of my pictures tonight.
These are from the first 2 weeks. All we did was sketch trees. I know, how boring (well, at least I was bored)!! I got so tired of trees after awhile that I didn't want to look at another tree...ha ha!
If you want to see some of my mom's stuff you can visit her blog, Quilt-Nut, and start with the date of...Friday, August 15. That is the start of her trees.






I can't believe that it is raining again (from hurricane Ike this time). That is even longer we will have to wait to finish the septic and move it. They certainly won't be able to get onto our property now, if it rains for a week like they say. They will definitely get stuck in the mud. Oh well, I am not too worried about it...I know that we will be able to move in eventually!

3 comments:

sunnie_fairy said...

nice trees! :]

Retro Girl said...

Lovely trees!! Can almost imagine the breeze blowing through them.

That's a bit of a shame they only did tree-sketching with you. Drawing sometimes gets your creativity flowing, anyway....

Hope this hurricane doesn't give you more than rain...hope it hurries on its way out of there...

LaY hOoN said...

Love the sketches of trees. Hope the hurricane hurries of its way out too.