Wednesday, August 27, 2008

When it rains, it pours...

We finally finished packing up everything and moving everything last night. We got it all settled into the workshop around 8:00pm. At least that part of it is done. The guy is going to move out the trailer tomorrow or Friday. Then we have to get the septic permit and call the septic tank people to come and install it. Our new trailer will be in by Monday. It was built quicker than we thought it would be. Now it will just have to sit on the lot until all of the preperation stuff is done. The storage room that we rented is totally full. It is a 10 X 10 room and it is packed from floor to ceiling. We had a lot of stuff (more than I thought).
We are a little worried about the hurricane hitting in this area come the weekend, but we are praying that it heads else where and doesn't get really strong.
My hubby got in another accident today. Some teenager wasn't paying attention and hit his truck from behind and pushed him into the car in front of him. Only his bumpers are bent a little so there isn't much damage. Just frustrating!!!
I so miss doing my artwork. I am going to open the box of art stuff that I brought to mom's house tonight and see what I can play with. I didn't bring any paints or anything, just markers and crayons and gesso. I figured I could see what I could do with just minimal art supplies. Also, when we unpack, I plan on keeping all of the cardboard boxes and cutting them apart to paint on them. I will use the side panels as a sort of canvas (once I gesso them you will never know the difference).

REQUEST: I NEED IDEAS FOR STORING THINGS IN MY NEW ART ROOM!!!! I HAVE LOTS OF STUFF, BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE TO PUT IT OR WHAT TO STORE IT IN...HELP!!! :)

2 comments:

sunnie_fairy said...

good idea with the cardboard and gesso! Love the idea of markers and crayons. As for your art room... Shelves!!!! lots and lots of shelves and see-through containers. There are some great shelves at Ikea!

:]

Retro Girl said...

I got that shelving unit from Ikea that is cubes...and inside the cubes I put plastic storage bins that have drawers, and organized supplies by type (ephemera, hardware/wire, stamps, inks, paper, etc) in them. I also have these fabric cube boxes (from target) inside the cube shelves...

Sorry your hubby had an accident.
Hope he can get his car fixed and the other guy has insurance etc. I was in one of those chain-accidents in between two other cars..it takes a bit of investigating to resolve it all.

Hope the hurricane passes you by!!!!
*HUGS*