Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gustav...go away...

This is what we have to look forward to (NOT) on this Labor Day holiday. Please keep us in your prayers as we go through this storm. We aren't leaving. The evacuation for us is not mandatory and we are prepared with food, water and a generator. We just have to sit through and listen to the weather while in our house. That will be the scariest part.



*****************************************************************
After we all finished preparing as much as we could, we were able to chill out for a little while (well, as much as we could anyway). I fixed my mom's table up into an art space and created all day. I actually finished my Journal #3. I was excited. I had to find one of my mom's little notebooks so I will have something to do art in tomorrow. Hopefully that will keep me busy while I am trying to ignore the sounds of the wind and rain. I will have to find me a CD player or something. I hope everyone else has a good Labor Day. :)

3 comments:

Retro Girl said...

Been thinking of you guys...Hoping & Praying this storm comes & goes quickly and that you are all safe and sound.

Be safe...
Keeping you in my prayers


RG

sunnie_fairy said...

glad you are prepared!
you're so sweet to wish us a good labor day when you are going through this difficult time...

janey said...

Good luck. I'm in Florida so our turn comes next week.