Thursday, August 21, 2008

Busy, busy, busy...

Tonight we went to my SIL rehearsal dinner. That was an adventure. They had a hard time deciding where and when and how they were going to walk and stand. It all worked out in the end though. We went eat at her house afterwards. It was all fried foods (talk about gain a few pounds before the wedding) ha ha
Tomorrow I have work and then afterwards I am going to babysit my little cousins so there parents can go on a date. They don't do that very often. My hubby will be trying on his tux for the wedding (he's a groomsman) and he will also be moving some more stuff into storage. I don't know what I would do without him to help me. Nothing would get done if it was up to just me. I am a total procrastinator and he isn't. We have until Tuesday to completely move out. Well, there can still be stuff in here, but we won't have any electricity so we will have to start living in my parents workshop in there backyard. We are taking over my mom's quilt shop for awhile. Things are shutting down for about a month, but I don't think she minds the break. ha ha Thanks mom and dad for letting us stay there. Love you!!
We found out yesterday that we need a new septic system. We were praying that we wouldn't, but they said ours is unacceptable. There goes another $3,000.00. I am so glad that we saved up a long time. I just can't wait until it is all over (after we are all settled in) so that we don't have this headache of moving and getting permits and moving. Ugh! I'm complaining, but it really hasn't been all that bad. (My medicine must really be working...ha ha). There has been a lot of people to help us. We are very fortunate to live all around family.
What are everyone else up to this weekend? Anyone else very busy as well?

4 comments:

  1. well, my weekend will be nothing compared to yours... sorry about the septic tank thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very busy as well, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the septic system...but at least it will be a nice new one, to go with the new home. Then you won't have to worry about probs with it for a long time.

    Hope your transition goes well...that's great you can stay with your folks!

    Had a crazy day...blogged about it. Did get 2 good books from the library...one on Chinese adoption experiences...and the other "the Decorated Journal" book by Gwen Diehn on art journaling....

    We're going to be entertaining the Chinese & Indian guys that are visiting hubby's company tonite and tomorrow. Should be fun, learning all about their culture, likes/dislikes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very busy! But at least I'm not moving. Good luck on the move and the septic and your journey in art. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)