Sunday, July 13, 2008

Inspiration (lacking)?...

I read a blog the other day about a woman who had a bulletin board in front of her desk that she called her "inspiration board." (I am sure a lot of you have something like that). I was telling my husband that night that it would be nice to have something like that. Just something that I could maybe look at that would spark some kind of ideas. Well, I guess that I don't pay a whole lot of attention in my life (something I am working on) because when I sat down in front of my desk the next day, this is what I saw...

Yep, I am not kidding. I didn't even realize that I actually have an inspiration "wall" (or two). I guess I am surrounded by inspiration after all. :)
Do you see that really cute bubble gum thing in the picture? Well, that is actually a gum ball machine!!! I have been wanting one, but never got around to getting it. My MIL had this one at her house and couldn't put it on her wall, so she just gave it to me. Yay! Now I can have gum anytime.
I have a birthday party to go to this afternoon for my little cousin. They always have a cook out and fun jump for the kids so it's going to be fun!! :)
What did ya'll have planned this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. an inspiration wall is a great idea. I think I've acquired one without even realizing it, too! :)

    that bubble gum machine is genius, by the way!

    oh, and nothing significant planned this weekend. :) just homework. blah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a magnetic tack-strip that I posted loose journal pages, clips, this/that for inspiration, but took it down when we remodeled and painted. Now I just have stuff propped up here and there on the desk, shelves etc. I thought of putting up a bulletin board but haven't gotten around to it. I am thinking of altering a cheapie cork board and using that...I don't want to put too much on the walls--since I will lose this room to the adoptive baby when she comes. (I'm gonna have to reduce my stash and make my art area portable when that happens...)

    Love the gumball machine - that's really unique and cool!

    We worked in the yard all weekend and around the house...and rented some movies. "The Brave One" and some freaky Bollywood film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It so struck me when you said that you hadn't even noticed you had an inspiration wall. I am just coming out of a place in my life where I feel like I haven't seen alot of things that I have...and I am trying to pay more attention. Thanks for the honesty...we need more of that in this world.

    www.illusivejoy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite thing in your room, is the strung up fuzz-balls. I'm sure that is not there official name, but i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an awesome inspiration wall! I really need to make myself one of those. I have all these ideas floating around in my brain and I know it would help if I had a place to put them. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)