Sunday, June 8, 2008

Just rambling...

I woke up early this morning. My hubby is still sleeping and I am using my headphones. I am so glad that I have a laptop now. I can go wherever I want to. :)
We are having a relaxing weekend so far. The only thing that we had planned was hubby going get fitted for a tux. His little sister is getting married in August. That's what we did yesterday. We also went to MIL and we went to see a movie. "Don't mess with the Zohan" was a funny movie. It had a pretty good message as well. Today we aren't going anywhere. It will be a very lazy Sunday. I plan on just reading, watching movies, lounging stuff like that. We of course have laundry to do because I am lazy during the week and save it all for the weekend, but it's not much my hubby will help me.
I got a FREE stationary bike this weekend. I am excited about that. I have been wanting to get one and hubby was apprehensive about it because I have bought machines before and never used them even once. So this one being free was a big plus. My step-MIL had one just sitting around collecting dust and I mentioned that I was looking for one so she just gave it to me. Yay! Isn't that the best kind of gift? I will definitely be using it. I would so much rather ride a bike than be walking on a treadmill or whatever. It is in my livingroom so that I can watching tv while riding. Hopefully it will distract me while I am trying to get my exercise done.
I have been putting off exercise for about a year now and I am suffering for it. I gained 40 pounds since last summer. I know, bummer right. Lately though I have really been trying to make myself realize that it is only me that can change myself. No one else can do it for me. So if I choose to eat that big plate of nachos or that big bag of Skittles than that is my fault and no one elses. I will be the only one that sufferes from the extra fat that brings. I am really trying to rein in my choices in life and make better ones. I have lost about 5 lbs. so far by dieting (I made up my own) and I am hoping to continue losing. It will be a slow process, I know, but it is better for my health in the long run.
**********************************************************
This morning I left around 10 to go shopping. I totally needed a haircut and some new bras. Well, the salons were closed, but I got 3 new really cute and comfortable bras. I took my little 9yr. old cousin with me. She was a big help. She loves to shop just like me. :) Now that I am home, I will just be lounging like I'm supposed to. I plan on watching a movie in a little while and just relaxing. My hubby is playing the Wii with my little brother so they are having a good time as well.

1 comment:

mushroommeadows said...

I've gained ten lbs since last summer, but I'm rather petite so it's a BIG difference for me. :( So I'm really trying hard to just tone up with exercise. :)

Good luck on the exercising! All that matters is that you're healthy and fit! :)

What cute little niece you have! I want a sweet shopping companion like her! :)