Monday, June 2, 2008

I need to catch up on my reading...

I have been so intent lately on writing posts and checking blogs and doing artwork that I have neglected my books. I went to the library tonight though and checked out like 7 books. I love to read and I need to make time for that too, among all of my other hobbies. I also like to crochet, but I never make time for that (usually just in the winter). Do many of you feel overwhelmed with your hobbies or do you just focus on one at a time?
If you would like to know what books I am in the process of reading or have read then just check my sidebar down at the bottom. I would love to hear if anyone else has read any of those books too and how they liked them.

4 comments:

Retro Girl said...

I'm reading a book right now called "Looking for Salvation At the Dairy Queen" by Susan Gregg Gilmore...it's about a girl growing up in rural Georgia in the 70's and her plans to move to "the big city" to Atlanta... It's really a funny and cute book.

I recently bought 2 others...one called "The Girls" about the lives of conjoined twins, and another called "Forever Lily...an Unexpected Mother's Journey to Adoption in China"....can't wait to read them too.

I like to read alot too..sometimes I have several books going at once...some fiction and a handful of art/craft books. It can be overwhelming. So can my other interests--art, scrapbooking, journaling...That's my constant struggle, to find balance...yet I find I tend to focus or even obsess on one thing at a time for awhile...then get bored and move to the next. Maybe we all do that at times?

Connie said...

Hey! I found you through SuziBlu's blog...and I really like your journal pages. Thanks for sharing.

Peace & Love.

mushroommeadows said...

I couldn't help myself; I am now on book 8 of the Princess Diaries. :) It's gotten a bit better, so hopefully I can finish up this series and move right along! :)

I've not heard of any of the books you've read, but they DO sound pretty interesting! :)

Memarie Lane said...

I haven't read any of them, but it looks like a nice haul. You should review them at my Book Nook blog when you're done reading them.