Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just rambling...

Today I am just chillin' out. I woke up too late to have a great hotel breakfast so I ate pb&j (which is just as good in my opinion). Anyway, I have been on the computer since I woke up reading all of the blogs that I love (believe me there are tons of them). I will be packing and cleaning up the room today. Yes, it is our last day here. :( Oh well, we will have to make it a good one. My hubby's class is only 1/2 a day today. I think he will be out at about 2:00. We plan on going to the movies this afternoon, just to have something to do instead of sitting around watching TV. The movie theater over here is crazy. It is called Century Rio 24...yes, 24 screens. The most we have where I live is 16, so this place is huge compared to what I am used to. Also, where I live movies are around $8 and over here it is $10. I think it is totally worth it, though. I love going to the movies (one of my favorite things) and that smell of buttery popcorn, heavenly!!

Anyway, when I am finished cleaning up the room and re-packing all of the stuff we have to bring home, I plan on doing more artwork. I have done a few pages here and there about my trip, but nothing finished yet. I need my gesso and paints that I didn't bring. I thought that I wouldn't want my art to be that messy while I am here, but by yesterday I was totally regretting that decision. There is only so much I can do with markers and pens in my opinion. Oh well, I will just have to finish up the pages when I get home.

We plan on leaving around 4am tomorrow morning so that we will be home around 8pm Friday night. I am not looking forward to the long drive, but I know that I will be fine once I am in the car and on our way home. For some reason the long drive doesn't bother me. I don't know, I guess I don't mind sitting down for that long and just staring out the window. :) I am looking forward to being home though. You don't know how much you miss your boring old home until you leave it for a while. I am a little home sick right now, especially for the humidity. I know, crazy right, but this place is so dry. I mean my skin is horrible. It is white and flaky and there is nothing I can do about it. I put lotion on all day and nothing helps. I can drink tons of water and it is never enough. I only like the dryness for the weather aspect of it. I don't sweat as much as I do at home and it doesn't feel as hot (that I love)! As for the rest of it, yuck!!

I guess I have rambled enough already. I will let ya'll get back to your lovely lives so that I can go finish re-packing. I hate the unpacking at home even more than packing for the trip. That is something I am not looking forward too. ha ha
I hope everyone has a good Thursday!!!

1 comment:

Retro Girl said...

Hope your trip home was a safe and easy-going one....While I bet you had a fabulous time, I'm sure you're probably glad to be home...it's always nice to be back in the comfort of home. :-)

Rest and enjoy your weekend!