Sunday, May 25, 2008

Eiffel Tower and classes...


This pencil drawing was given to me about 9 years ago by my best friend. She went to Europe for a school thing and this was my souvenir. She bought it from some guy on the side of the street. I love it. I can't believe how one person would take the time to put so much detail into something. I guess I am not a detail sort of person. When I get ready to do a painting, I want to finish it all in one day. I don't like it sitting there for days at a time while I figure out details and things. I guess that's why my stuff doesn't come out like I want it to. I don't take the time to let my thoughts marinate so I can figure out how to make it better. I am learning to wait and finish things later in my art journal. I don't usually finish one page all in one day in there. I will do a little bit on each page until I think it is finished. I guess my art journal is different from painting something that is supposed to look "real."
My mom and I will be taking a painting class in August. It is a class for absolute beginners. I know I am not exactly an absolute beginner (I took 4 years of art in high school), but I am certainly out of practice. I think that it will be fun.
I am also taking an art "therapy" class BY MYSELF in June. I have no idea what it will entail, but they said it would open up our creativity to help us heal (or something like that). I thought the description of the class sounded interesting and I figured what the heck. I am trying to change my life for the better and I would have never taken a class like this by myself, but I decided that I didn't want to be scared to take a class. I mean what's the worst that could happen?...that I may learn something...oooohhhh scary!! ha ha

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for signing up to take that class by yourself!

    This is something I struggle with a great deal, sometimes, too - social fears/anxieties about doing things alone. I went and took a 1-day class at Archiver's once and it helped some.

    I keep looking and can't find any art classes around my area. I envy you - I am sure both of those classes will be wonderful and you'll really enjoy them.

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way--I saw that you recently read Night Swimming - in your 'sidebar' on your blog. Did you enjoy it?

    I love that book!!! I'd love to see it made into a chick-flick :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)