Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Awesome sights...

Yesterday, we went to the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science. We had a blast!! As you can see, we saw exhibits about all kinds of things; animals, dinosaurs, gemstones, etc. One of the best parts was the planetarium. We sat in this big dome room and stared at the ceiling for 1/2 an hour. We learned all kinds of things about constellations, stars, planets, etc. We loved it!!





After the museum we ate lunch at an Applebee's while my camera battery charged up. Then we just drove around catching all the sights. We were amazed at the architechture of their houses and how there were actually some that lived on the side of the mountain. We stopped at a place that had a walking trail. That was pretty fun. We got to see all the different vegetation that grew next to the mountain (lots of cactus and things). We didn't go very far because the walking wore me out. It is already harder for us to breathe because of the higher altitude and then walking on top of that was hard. I had to take a nap when we got back because I was so exhausted.



After my nap we decided to try a little bit of shopping around town. We ended up at a STAPLES!!! I was very excited because we don't have a staples where I live. I hear from other bloggers that it is an awesome store and a great place for art supplies. And guess what...they are totally right. I finally found some water soluable oil pastels while I was there. I have been looking all over my town and never could find them. Boy was I happy. We ended up staying there until they closed. We were the last ones out the door. Ha Ha!!!



I had a pretty productive day today. I didn't feel like staying at the hotel anymore (I was tired of watching TV) so I left to go find some good shopping or something else to keep me occupied for a little while. I definitely found something to keep me busy, but you won't find out what that is until tomorrow (I think this post is long enough already)!! :)
Until then....

2 comments:

Terry@quilt-nut said...

I'm glad to see your having fun! I can't wait to see what you bought. Miss you, love Mom.

Retro Girl said...

Looks like you guys are having such a great time! Great photos!
Can't wait to hear how those pastels work out for you (haven't tried those yet...)

Can't wait to hear what your "secret" is...lol!

Happy Travels!