Sunday, February 10, 2008

These are some quilts that my mother has made for me over the years.
This is hubby and I's wedding quilt. As you can see, I like very bright colors.
She had everyone in the family and some friends of ours sign the squares. They wrote well wishes and advice for us about our life together. It now hangs in the hallway at our house.
This one is just a scrappy quilt she was making to pass the time and I fell in love with it. It has many colors and it is big enough to snuggle under.
This is the first quilt she made for me. I like the snail's trail because it looks complicated and also (again) the bright colors and black background.
She figured out a way to freely quilt a Volkswagen design on it because of course, I love VW, too. It took her a while to make this quilt and it will keep me warm for years. Thanks mom.
My little brother made this pillow for us at Christmas time one year (with the help of my mom). He was into quilting at one time too, so this was a perfect gift to give. He likes giving homemade things and we love recieving them. :)
If you would like to see more quilts of my mother's, please visit her blog at:
http://www.quilt-nut.blogspot.com/. She would love to hear from you, too.
I hope everyone had a good weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. Saying your mom is talented is such an understatement. WOW. I am truly impressed. My mom had a hard time sewing on a button!

    Hallie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom's quilts are gorgeous!! I have a friend back in KY that makes quilts like that...with such ease and talent. I wish I could sew as well. You mom is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that the "apple" has not fallen far from the tree. You and your mother are both talented and terrific women!!


    Much love,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)