Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lover of Starry Night

As you can see, I adore Starry Night. I don't exactly know why, it is just really beautiful. I can really get lost in it sometimes. I have tried to recreate it several times and I love how they turned out.
This time, I drew it with chalk pastels. I love working with them because they are so easy to blend. I hate the mess though and it's hard to store the pictures once you are finished with them. I use that "fixative" spray, but it doesn't always work. I framed it so it wouldn't get messed up.
With this picture, I used fabric. I don't know, one day I got a wild hair in my you know where and wanted to do it. I used the quilting method of "snipping" the fabric to the size and shape I want and then ironing it down with fusable webbing (sorry if these terms are wrong mom). :) It really was fun to do. I had to find all the fabric that matched the colors and I had to cut out the right shapes and things. It took me a few hours to do that's for sure, but it was worth it.

I hope everyone is getting along in this yucky weather we are having. It is a good time to curl up on the couch with hot chocolate and a good book. If you have to get out though, be careful.

1 comment:

Terry@quilt-nut said...

Your terms are right on! It was fun helping you with this project and I think I came out wonderful. I think you have a great talent that is just been tapped a little. Wait until you soar! Love Mom