Sunday, December 16, 2007

Been Busy...

Even though I am just a substitute I had to work everyday last week. I guess a lot of teachers wanted to get some of their shopping/wrapping/preparing done. Oh well, I got lots of hours so I will have extra money for Christmas. I was able to get some journal pages done on my lunch hours though.


This is a new idea I was working on. During the summer, hubby and I go to the beach a lot and I collect these seashells (I have tons as of now) and I never know what to do with them. Well, this year I saw an idea on the internet and I decided to try it out on my own.
I was getting the creative ideas flowing (notice the mess...ideas can't happen with an organized desk).
I bought myself a hot glue gun just for the occasion. I have never owned one before, but I think that we will be very happy together. The other ideas that came to me just while I was using it was endless.
This was the adorable result (I am very happy with them)...ornaments for the Christmas tree. I made a ton of these angels and I also just made some from my regular shells that are beautiful enough to stand on their own. I have probably made enough for everyone in my family and then some. I am not finished yet though, I still have a whole bag of shells that is just begging to be glued to something in my house...I will have to think about that for a while.
Isn't this one just naturally pretty. I found this shell just like it is. I love the way it is all open and you can see what's inside of it.
If anyone has anymore ideas on what I can do with my seashells please let me know (I am dying to get creative with the rest of them).

2 comments:

  1. Your angels are so pretty! I love seashells. What a great idea!

    Love all your journal pages...
    They're great!

    I've been doing so many "home" things and holiday things preparing to go to Cincinnati then Canada for the holidays...the only art thing I've done is make poppet dolls of my family..(lots!) Will post them soon.

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful comments!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)