Saturday, November 24, 2007

We're back...

This was our set up at the campground. We put the 3 campers like that to keep the wind out. It was so cold over there. We froze our butt's off most of the time. We ended up leaving a day early because of all the rain that was coming today. I think we were all okay with leaving though because it was so cold.
These were hubby and I sleeping quarters. We slept very comfortably in the top bunk of my aunt's camper. It was nice and warm up there with the heat Our breakfast Friday morning. Yummy!!! We had pancakes, eggs, bacon, biscuits the whole nine yards. We ate very well this weekend. We even fried 3 turkeys with all the fixin's for Thursday night. Thank goodness there were lots of trails to go and walk all those calories off. :)

Here are my little cousins riding their bikes. They were about to go on a trail ride. They had so much fun. It rained the night before so when they came back they were super muddy. Everyone was covered from the waist down with caked on mud. It was crazy.


After they all got cleaned up we took a ride down to the creek. It was beautiful. I loved the sound of the water rushing down the river. We stood on some rocks on the edge for awhile and just listened to nature (along with the kids playing). It was very relaxing.
Hubby and I sitting on the rock wall. We had a good time together.

One of our campfires. That was my favorite part. I love just sitting around the fire at night. The heat was great since it was so cold out. We stayed up until the better part of midnight staring at that fire one night.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time!!! Great pics!

    I brought a cold home with me from my T-giving travels :(
    Didn't take many great photos (just some head shots so I can make poppet dolls of my family lol)...but had a wonderful time.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing comments from everyone! Thank you for taking the time to post one!! :)